|Breeding >> Eggs >> Dragons|
Breeding is a feature which allow the player to choose two dragons already owned (must be over level 4 each) to generate a new one from the several different varieties of dragons available. Few unique buildings like Breeding Mountain and Ultra Breeding Tree are available at different player's level progression bassis; giving the players the ability to get new dragon's eggs, on a time-based, free-of-cost way other than the currency-based Store's (at gold or gem cost). The timing varies for each specific dragon's stats/info, and it is automatically determined by the game after the ramdom picking of the dragon-to-be ends. Only when the entire breeding process is done and after the egg was sended and appears on your Hatchery you could know for sure what specific dragon's egg you have. After the hatching process time ends, you will see the new baby dragon you got. Put it on the matching habitat to start playing with the new pet.
Main in-game benefits from breeding are:
- Free dragons to you. (The most, the better!)
- Increase your XP and your gold-rate (Special relevance for new player's/first-levels cases)
- Improvement/renewal of your Combat Team's dragons (and more XP-earning form Leagues winnigs).
- Complete the collections on the Dragon Book (and get the rewards for each one too)
- Could add to your income and experience earning (again) by selling hatched dragons.
- The breeding system is similar to the one from pokémon games.
- Gen(eration) classification of each dragon is a DCW-made device to assist players in the determination of the likelihood of breeding that dragon. Credits --> Andibad.
- As at 26-July-2013 (LaW update), the Breeding system has been changed. The Pure Dragon is now an Elemental Dragon, and can be bought at the Store. Due to the change in the status of the Pure, it and Pure Hybrids are now very easy to breed.
- Sometime Mid-2013, the Deus Vault was removed from the Store. Many of the dragons from the Deus Vault are now breedable, and are now classified as Breedable Exclusives.
- Approximately 6:30, September 23, 2012 in Tuesday, an official update in Dragon City's Facebook page showed that Rarity Boost raises the chances of getting a Rare, Legend or Pure Dragon is increased by 50%. The probability of getting a Pure has since (LaW update) been changed.
- The breeding times have been changed. Previously, the breeding time was calculated as a total of the parents breeding time. Currently most dragon's breeding times are equal to the hatch time.
|Subs||Overview - Chart - Combinations - Rate Value - Rare Boost|
|Buildings||Hatchery - Breeding Mountain - Ultra Breeding Tree - Deus Breeding Nest - |
|Other||Dragon Book - Breeding Tool|