Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Breeding >> Eggs >> Dragons|
Breeding is a feature which allows the player to mate two owned dragons (minimum level 4 each) to generate a dragon egg from variety of breedable dragons. This is done in one of the breeding structures and allows players get dragon eggs without spending gold or gems. The game randomly selects the resulting egg from the possibilities available with the selected parent pairing. After a predetermined breeding time the egg can be placed in the Hatchery. After a predetermined hatching time the new dragon can be placed in a habitat, a Kindergarten, or the Dragonarium.
Other purposes of breeding are:
- Increase gold production
- Acquire better dragons for combat
- Complete the Dragon Book collections and get the associated rewards
- Earn income and experience by selling hatched dragons.
- The breeding system is similar to the one from pokémon games.
- Gen(eration) classification of each dragon is a DCW-made device to assist players in the determination of the likelihood of breeding that dragon. Credits --> Andibad.
- As at 26-July-2013 (LaW update), the Breeding system has been changed. The Pure Dragon is now an Elemental Dragon, and can be bought at the Store. Due to the change in the status of the Pure, it and Pure Hybrids are now very easy to breed.
- Sometime Mid-2013, the Deus Vault was removed from the Store. Many of the dragons from the Deus Vault are now breedable, and are now classified as Breedable Exclusives.
- Approximately 6:30, September 23, 2012 in Tuesday, an official update in Dragon City's Facebook page showed that Rarity Boost raises the chances of getting a Rare, Legend or Pure Dragon is increased by 50%. The probability of getting a Pure has since (LaW update) been changed.
- The breeding times have been changed. Previously, the breeding time was calculated as a total of the parents breeding time. Currently most dragon's breeding times are equal to the hatch time.
|Subs||Overview - Chart - Combinations - Rate Value - Rare Boost|
|Buildings||Hatchery - Breeding Mountain - Ultra Breeding Tree - Deus Breeding Nest - |
|Other||Dragon Book - Breeding Tool|