- Two new elements were introduced - Light and War (which is where the update took its name from).
- 12 new dragons.
- Pure elementals are now pure hybrids and can thus be placed in normal habitats (i.e. Pure Terra can be placed both in Pure and in Terra habitats).
- Earning caps on legendary/pure habitats and dragons were drastically lowered.
- Level requirements for pure and legend habitats were substantially increased.
- Wind dragon became unbreedable.
- Pure elemental habitats were removed from store and existing ones were replaced with standard Pure Habitats.
- Pure habitats can now hold 2 dragons.
- Legends can now be bred from pures.
- New big and small habitats for the new elements.
- Sell values for legends and above has changed.
- Pure elemental attacks are now just pure attacks.
- Pure became a standard element (Pure dragons can now be bought from shop).
- Breeding time changes for legends and pures.
- Attack values changed for some pure and legend attacks.
- Pure habitat costs have increased from the highest one (2.5M) to 15M. Legend Habitats costs increased from 15M to 40M.
- Many other minor changes.
LaW:2 happened on July 31st, 2013 and brought a much needed buff do discouraged players.
- Basic and Big Habitat Caps increased, they also now increase as per elemental order.
- Legend Dragons earnings were increased (still a net loss compared to prior-LaW)
- Legendary Habitat Cap also increased (still a net loss compared to prior-LaW)
LaW:3 is also called the Stadium update.
- Diamond Cup now runs up to level 16 (though after 6 it's the same fight).
- Light Cup added.
- War Cup added.
- Black Market Cup added.
- Exotic Cup added.
- Extreme Cup added.
- Legend Cup 7 added.
Normal habitats have been re-revised. Build times on all basic habitats have increased substantially.